Sunday, December 21, 2008

for you.

Little green light gone red,
I know you have gone to bed.
On the other side I am still awake
wondering which direction to take.

Near or far makes no difference,
I am who you are lying in the bed
with you right beside me in theory.
Yet you are what you are,
where you are
a world away.

A moon, a star and a light year,
you turn like the earth under the covers.
I watch you breathing in my dreams
more real than this moment now and
here you are in front of me.

Did you think we would meet?
Too real, too soon, too much to be true.
When the needle pierces the fabric it circles
only to return to the hole it has left.

surging
ocean
wave
breath
still
tide
plane
ticket
window seat
frost on the glass
sweat of your palms
kiss of my lips
touch of your cheek
a night and a day
taxi
hailed
luggage
passport
flight
return
memory
linger
red light
green light
hana
tul
set
wake up
before the other side
of the world catches on.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...