Thursday, July 10, 2008

creating my office space






Creating room to work and design in a small space is always a challenge. The other day Melinda and I were cleaning out her studio and we came across my old desk that had been in the family for a good forty years or so. It was great to see it and I realized it would fit perfectly in the small room that was soon to be my office/design studio. Rummaging through the attic, I found two old glass windows that worked well for a table top and the other to display postcards from art openings and shops during my previous summer's stay in Paris. The wall is covered in a collection of old pressed flowers from Alabama that my great grandmother created and I had framed. Along with small illustrations and some of my photography, it has become my inspiration wall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am sure if you look closely at that desk you will find scribblings of homework or letters of apology (perhaps to you) peppered with notes to inform i am, once again, packing my bags and running away...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...